If you look at your photos taken before you ran for jobs and business, you will notice a huge difference: where there used to be only dark brown hair, there is now for more grey than brown. It seems that the stress of education and business can turn any person’s hair grey. But is stress only to blame?
Read the article and bring your misconceptions to an end. Moreover, Here you will find some tricks to prevent grey hair.
Why Does Our Hair Turn Grey?
- Normal aging is the leading offender- I know it came as no surprise to you. Basically, this has earned the name – 50- 50 rule. “Fifty percent of the population has 50 percent grey hair at the age 50”.
- Your background makes a difference- Redheads tends to go grey earliest of all.
- Stress plays a major role- Stress will not directly cause you to go grey. But stress is involved in a lot of skin and hair issues.
- Your lifestyle carries weight- As we know smoking stresses our skin and hair. Moreover, a low vitamin B-12 level can promote loss of hair pigment. Consequently, We should try to eat foods packed with vitamins, nutrients, and antioxidants.
- Hair and its color are unattached- Hair stem cells make hair. On the other hand, pigment-forming cells are responsible for pigment.
- Our hair bleaches itself- Basically, hydrogen peroxide naturally occur in our hair follicles and as we get older it builds up. This build-up clogs the production of melanin. This is the way to go blonde.
Premature Greying Of Hair
Basically, premature greying of hair is also known as canities. Sometimes, canities may have negative effects on your appearance and confidence. Particularly, hair is said to have greyed prematurely if it occurs before age of 20 years.
Read: What Are Tonsil Stones?
What Causes Premature Greying?
Here are some possible reasons –
- Heart disease
- Lack of nutrition
- Excessive use of hair gels, sprays, and other products
How To Prevent Grey Hair?
- Vitamins and mineral supplements can contribute to preventing grey hair.
- Massage your scalp with egg oil and leave it on overnight.
- Stay away from cigarettes as it is a common way to go blond.
Natural Methods To Prevent Grey Hair
1. Black Strap Molasses
Many people claim that it helped reverse greying hair and brought back their natural color.
Blackstrap molasses is a thick dark liquid. Basically, this liquid is abundant in minerals like iron, manganese, selenium, and copper. In addition to this, it contains a high amount of calcium and magnesium.
How to use:
Ruminate one tablespoon of blackstrap molasses every other day for at least a few months.
2. Amla ( Indian Gooseberry)
Amla has earned the name “Nector of hair”. It is the richest source of vitamin C. Moreover, it contains many antioxidants. Due to these qualities, Amla helps to renew your hair and make it darker and thicker as well.
How to use :
- Drinking fresh amla juice can reverse grey hair.
- Dried amla powder is also beneficial.
- A massage with homemade amla oil can prevent greying.
- Rinsing your hair with amla water is another good option.
“An onion a day keeps the grey hair away”.
Onions are the generous source of the antioxidant enzyme catalase, which restores the hair’s natural color.
How to use:
- Apply onion juice to your scalp and let it sit for 30 minutes, then wash off. Reprise twice a week.
- Mix onion juice with coconut oil and apply to your scalp. Leave it for 30 minutes and then wash.
Coconut can do miracles for hair. Surprisingly, coconut can tackle all your hair issues. Whether you are facing dandruff or poor hair growth, you can confidently opt for coconut.
How to use:
- To prevent grey hair, including coconut oil, coconut milk or coconut meat in your diet.
- Use of coconut oil for head massage can stimulate the pigmentation of hair.
4. Curry Leaves
It is an age-old remedy for grey hair. Basically, curry leaves contain powerful antioxidants including vitamin A, C and E, and minerals such as calcium and iron.
How to use:
- Curry leaves along with coconut oil work as great hair oil.
- Make a paste of ¼ cup of curry leaves and mix with ½ cup of yogurt. Apply to your scalp and let it sit for 30 minutes, then wash off.
What Should You Never Do To Your Grey Hair?
- Do Not Pluck Hair: It is a misconception that plucking hair does lead to more grey hair. However, grey hair texture tends to be rough and when you pull it out it will grow out just as white. So it is perfect remain untouched.
- Do Not Pluck From Roots: You Should not pluck your grey hair from roots because if the plucking results in the red scalp, there are chances that you have cut the hair from the blood supply. In this case, it will not grow back.
- Do Not Ignore: Sometimes, the graying is just because of the zinc and iron deficiency. So take the needed steps as soon as possible.
- Do Not Wash Your Hair Regularly: Regular washing makes hair brittle and prone to breakage.
- Do Not Plump For Ammonia Dye: You should not lap your grey hair with ammonia-based hair dyes. They might give you temporary relief but they cause hair fall as well.
I think that now you have enough knowledge to deal with your grey hair. Eradicate your problem as soon as possible with the solutions listed above.